Cassie is a member of our Estates Team, where she practices in the areas of estate administration, wills, trusts, and incapacity planning. She is committed to guiding her clients through these often complex and sensitive topics with compassion and understanding.
Cassie is an affiliate member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and is working towards earning the Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) designation through the STEP Canada Diploma in Trusts and Estates program. She is also a member of the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society, the Canadian Bar Association, and the Halifax Estate Planning Council. In addition, Cassie holds a Health Law and Policy Certificate of Specialization from the Health Law Institute at the Schulich School of Law and is a former member of the Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Cassie is passionate about giving back to her community. She has volunteered with a number of community-based organizations throughout her career and continues to provide pro bono estate planning services to eligible individuals through local programs.
Outside of the office, Cassie enjoys spending time with her family, her Australian Shepherds, and her horse.
- Juris Doctor – Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University (2016)
- Health Law and Policy Certificate of Specialization – Health Law Institute, Schulich School of Law (2016)
- Bachelor of Science with First Class Honours in Neuroscience – Dalhousie University (2012)
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society (2017-Present)
- Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador (2017 – 2019)
- Affiliate member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Canada
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Halifax Estate Planning Council
- Former Legal Representative on the Nova Scotia Health Authority Research Ethics Board